It can be tricky to remain healthy when the cold season rolls in – by the winter, it’s very tempting to throw all wholesome food into the recycling and settle for quick, simple and comforting junk food. If you are struggling with the winter blues this year and finding yourself reaching for your handkerchief, thanks to a constantly running nose, consider this delicious Nut and Chia Seed Pudding for dessert. Not only does it taste great, but it’ll keep your immune system firing on all cylinders and provide a slow and steady release of energy throughout the day. This energy boosting dessert can be cooked in advance and kept in refrigerator, ready to use when you need it the most. We love it as a mid-morning snack or something indulgent for the lunch. If you have a sweet tooth, even mornings would suit.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: None
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 1tsp Psyllium husks
- 200ml almond milk
- 1tbsp Stevia sweetener
- ½tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1tsp ground hazelnuts
- 3 whole hazelnuts
- 2 pinches shredded coconut
- Place the chia seeds and Psyllium husks into a glass jar. Add almond milk, Himalayan salt, stevia and vanilla extract.
- Seal the jar and shake it well. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then shake again.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to get thick and jelly-like.
- Serve it in a tall glass with ground hazelnuts and shredded coconut and garnish with whole hazelnuts.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 323, Carbohydrates 26.8g, Fibre 18.7g, Sugar 7.8g, Fat 16.2g (of which saturated 0.4g), Protein 11g, Sodium 226mg