What is more delicious than a spiced-up warming mushroom soup! We have used packs of mixed mushrooms to give more flavour and coupled with delicious chopped leeks, you have a really tasty soup. This soup is very quick to make and can be kept in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, before reheating. The warming spice of cumin helps to deepen the flavour, whilst the sundried tomatoes add a hint of sweetness. Perfect for winding down yet benefits from all the healthy ingredients, helping to start the weekend on a lighter palate.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 50g chopped leek
- 100g chopped mixed mushrooms (Portobello, Chestnut, Shitake etc)
- 200ml coconut milk
- 20g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 small red pepper
- ½tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼tsp nutmeg
- ¼tsp ground cumin
- 2 pinches black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- In a deep fry pan, melt the coconut oil and add all the chopped vegetables. Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes by constantly stirring.
- Now, add the coconut milk and spices. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in a warm deep plate and garnish with fresh parsley.
Tip: If you prefer something with a little more texture, remove some of the vegetables before blending and add back in when ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 622, Carbohydrates 34.9g, Fibre 4.4g, Sugar 17.9g, Fat 48g (of which saturated 35.4g), Protein 10g, Sodium 854mg
Did you know that mushrooms also contribute towards one portion of your 5 a day? You can find a NHS guide here.